ASL Aviation Holdings owns, operates and manages a fleet in excess of 140 jet and turboprop aircraft, providing services for passengers and cargo fleets. ASL Hungary is based at Budapest Liszt Ferenc Airport. The Company now operates a fleet of six B737-400 freighter aircraft. Utilising important synergies within the Group, we are continuously developing ourselves with the aim of providing our Customers with best-in-class service. We are now looking for an outstanding aviation professional as full-time Director Flight Operations/EASA Nominated Person Flight Operations in Budapest.
DIRECTOR OF FLIGHT OPERATIONS
You will be primarily responsible for all Company flight activities, including the following:
- Directly reporting to the Accountable Manager on regulatory matters
- Responsible for the flight operations department to ensure safe, legal and efficient operation, development and enforcement of company policies and for ensuring compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations governing those flight activities
- Record keeping in accordance with current regulations and the proper maintenance and disposition of those records
- Establishing and maintaining a close working relationship with the HCAA Inspectors having certificate responsibility over the company’s air carrier operations.
- Ensuring that qualified and current pilots are assigned to each flight and that each flight has a designated Pilot-in-Command
- Crew scheduling to ensure compliance with flight and duty time regulations and efficient crew usage
- Overseeing daily flight scheduling
- Reviewing and keeping up-to-date all Operations documents to ensure compliance with Company and HCAA policies and procedures.
- Coordinating with HR the hiring of pilots and other operations staff and has final approval of the selection of all flight operations personnel
- Responsibility for the oversight of Flight Operations budget, including pilot costs
- Overseeing the operations coordination functions, which have an impact on operational control (e.g. maintenance, crew scheduling, load control, equipment scheduling
- Responsible for corrective action implementation within the department resulting from audits conducted under the Compliance Monitoring function
- Performing occasional duties as a flight crew member when properly qualified on company aircraft
- Hold or have held an Airline Transport Pilot License (ATPL), and previous employment in an EASA regulatory environment
- Ability to gain Form 4 Approval by the local authorities;
- Comprehensive knowledge of civil aviation regulations, standards and recommended practices (EASA, ICAO, IATA)
- Have at least 4 years supervisory or managerial experience in a position that exercised operational control over any operations conducted under part 121 or part 135; or
- In the case of a person becoming Director of Flight Operations for the first time, have at least 4 years’ experience, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135 of this chapter
- Management experience as TRI or TRE may substitute for some of the above experience
- In the case of a person with previous experience as a Director of Flight Operations, have at least 3 years’ experience, as pilot in command of an aircraft operated under part 121 or part 135.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the EU
- Natural teamwork skills with demonstrable experience of leading and managing people
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels both internally and externally
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to fully assess situations, grasp issues, solve problems and make clear concise recommendations on key operational decisions
How To Apply: